Complains and Suggestions about the client

First of all, if you want to sign in using the app, you will see that the app requests you your username, but the only valid option is your email.
Second, if you use the “Forgot password” option, the app will try to sign you in, not to open a page to recover your password or something similar.
And last, the Backup Service is very strange, as it drops to the normal upload speed to 0 from time to time, after uploading 100-200 files or it does it even when it is trying to upload a big file.This happens so often that I’m still waiting to finish a 15GB upload, 1 hour after starting it and with an upload speed of 40Mbps.

I forgot to mention that it occupies so much band width that I can’t use the PC while it is making a backup.

Lastly, I would like to know if, as Google’s Sync app, it automatically syncs your files with the ones you have in your cloud.

We use their free and paid services. Important to say here that you are using a free service and are making demands. These guys use Ahsay as their core software. Ahsay are the world’s biggest when it comes to MSP backups. Your tech questions should be sent to them.

My replies to your question based on our experience:

First of all, if you want to sign in using the app, you will see that the app requests you your username, but the only valid option is your email.

Email is unique and standard for logins

Second, if you use the “Forgot password” option, the app will try to sign you in, not to open a page to recover your password or something similar.

This is not how it works. They will prob reset your password if you ask

And last, the Backup Service is very strange, as it drops to the normal upload speed to 0 from time to time, after uploading 100-200 files or it does it even when it is trying to upload a big file.This happens so often that I’m still waiting to finish a 15GB upload, 1 hour after starting it and with an upload speed of 40Mbps.

All backups will work on your data before uploading. This will be the zero bitrate you see. I don’t get your last point. If you have 40m upload, that will transmit 18gb in one hour. Your 15gb will compress to 8gb. Either your backup has finished in 30 mins, or you don’t have 40m.

I forgot to mention that it occupies so much band width that I can’t use the PC while it is making a backup.

Did you not turn on throttling???

Lastly, I would like to know if, as Google’s Sync app, it automatically syncs your files with the ones you have in your cloud.

Cloud backup is not cloud sync and is way different.

How can I do that?

In the official page, there is a software in “Other” called FileSync cloud. Is that the software I’m looking for?

Well, it compressed to 12gb. I forgot the difference between Mbps and MBps, so forget it.

I just entered throttle on this forum and found this How to throttle bandwidth used by backups

I don’t use filesync. support should know that one

I don’t have the “Show Advanced settings” option.
Anyways, I will try said software, as it seems is the one I’m looking for.

good point, I don’t think the desktop version has the throttle control yet. From experience, the support guys do these things for you on the free service because it does not use the reseller portal controls

I just tried to create a new backup set for my laptop and when I try to start the backup the message “Client host quota exceeded. Please contact us to increase your quota.” appears. I only used 12GB. I don’t know if it’s a bug or the software has a limitation below the 50GB and they need to increase it manually @Support-Tech1

you can only use the free license for 1 computer. have you tried running it on 2 systems?

Hi

@Buddy is correct. The free license is for one device only.
If you need more, you can move to the paid service.

Matt T.

I didn’t try using it in different systems. However, thanks for the information.

Did you rename your PC’s name? That would also cause this error.
If you need to, please send us the account name to support@bobcloud.net and we’ll investigate it.

Matt T.

The error was solved after closing all process related and open the aplication again.