Can I perform bare-metal backups and restorations?

Hi

I have a question about the backup process. I want to make sure that I can protect my entire computer, including everything on it, like the operating system and all my files. Can I use BobCloud backup to back up everything on my computer, not just my files? Just like the default Windows server backup application.

Thanks so much for your assistance!

Hi,

The server and desktop editions will allow you to create a system \ bare-metal image backup. As you said, the purpose is so you can restore an entire server, drives, Active Directory, etc, in one go.

I hope that helps.

BobCloud backup supports creating system and bare-metal image backups. This allows you to protect your entire computer, including the operating system and all files, similar to the default Windows server backup application.

Hi

Both the desktop and server clients can backup an entire disk \ disks and give you a full metal restore. These types of backups for physical servers are outdated since virtualisation [Hyper V] is so widespread.

When you restore a bare metal backup, you must use the same hardware when the backup was created. This is often an issue because when the server has died and has been replaced with a new model with a different architecture. Microsoft sets this restriction, and this is another reason most production servers are now virtualised.

Grab a trial from the website with 1TB of cloud storage and we can help you get the backup running.