How can I access my backups remotely from a different device and location?

Hi,

I have installed the software on my computer and backed up all my important files. Unfortunately, I’m currently on vacation and don’t have access to my computer.

At the moment I am on a vacation and all I have is my iPhone with me, and I was wondering how I can access my backups?

Thanks
Thomas

Hi

If you want to restore files and folders, you can restore your data onto any device as follows:

1. Access your account in the portal https://portal.data-stor.net/, and Install the backup software from the customer’s page.
  2. Login with the account’s username and password.
  3. Restore the data as normal.

If you are trying to restore a system such as VMware, Hyper V, etc, you must restore to that same type of hardware and OS that the original backup was run on.

If you want to access the backed-up files in real-time, please note this feature is only found in a file-sharing service like Dropbox or OneDrive.
Our system is a formal backup platform, and accessing data this way isn’t possible. The reason is that your backup encryption passwords are never transmitted to our system. Therefore, you can’t access the data directly in the cloud in real-time.

Contact us at support@bobcloud.net if you need help with this.